Dear Younger me; We are now adults!

 

Hey Gal,

You’re a grown-ass woman, it is unbelievable really, The big 3.0 is here. At 20, you wanted to get here so bad; it is amazing how time goes by so fast. 

It’s not all bad being an adult, and all of the freedom that comes with it is even better than you imagined. The ability to go MIA on people and not explain why or getting home at 3 a.m without any cares: without mom asking what you’re doing; heading off on road trips with your husband; setting your own schedule to do what you want when you want. I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

I know you don’t regret how the younger you treated life but there are some things I wish you would have done differently. If only you had known then what you know now. I thought I should let you know through this word ensemble.

Let us first start with your career choices. You were too proud and couldn’t take any startup job, I don’t mean it was bad to want the best for you but you should have started somewhere. Overlooking all that even though you wasted a lot of time I believe there was a plan behind that.

Let me remind you of the time you were 19 and you had a chance to get a scholarship to go study abroad, remember how you did not take your SAT’s seriously because you met this guy who you thought was going to be your forever, so you prayed not to get that scholarship. That was really stupid, but again life always has a game plan.

Those were the two major mistakes you made in your career path but I thank you for figuring it out in the end and hanging in there for you during every struggle.

When it comes to your spiritual life, thank you for ultimately choosing God even whilst struggling with temptations. Thank you for choosing to serve God during that time because I know the thirties only get busier as they come with a lot of responsibility and I can say I am proud of you for living according to the word.

You have always been a selfless person thus a very good friend and for most of your younger years, people took advantage of that. I am happy you are learned to say no as you grew older. I know you like having fun and partying, please never stop being the life of the party.

Love is tricky but you had your head buried so deep you couldn’t see it, imagine what would have happened if you chose to break hearts? Mhh!!!!. Anyway, whatever! That is what I can say to your love life. Who knows maybe you will make wise and better decisions in the future.

As I sign off, the only thing I can tell you is to eat life with a big spoon but be careful not to bite off more than you can chew. Cheers!

 

Love,

30 year old you.


 



By Fridah Kerubo

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quaran-times

THE MYSTERIOUS GUY (part 1)

Dear younger me: LEOPARD IN THE SNOW.