Reflections: #Motherhood


Dear Baby, here beneath my heart,
I thought that you might come today
the timing just seemed right
But the stars are out
and the moon is high
and sheepishly I wonder why
I try to arrange the plans of God
For now I know
you will not come
until the One who holds eternity
rustles your soft cocoon and
whispers in tones that I will not hear,
It's time, precious gift,
Now its time


You looked so amazing, smiles so angelic 
Fingers and feet so small yet so sweet
You looked so small and fragile 
You smile as you sleep and we wonder at the contents of your dreams
Dreamy eyes and beautiful yawns
Babies are amazing they bring everything in perspective and make you relinquish 
what you thought was important 
As your hand recoils around my index finger and holds so firmly
Refusing to let go of my finger I wonder at what stirs in your heart


We try different types of formula milk
Until we establish the one you like
As I delicately dry you after a bath and massage your small body
I marvel at how wondrous God created us, life in all it’s fullness 

After dressing you, 
You doze off and sleep so peacefully 
The beautiful smiles are back once again
It’s like what you are seeing in your dreams is so amazingly beautiful as you are
Forever grateful to have you in my arms

I put you in your bed to sleep
And I try to catch some sleep because I know we might be awake together almost the whole night
I think to myself Motherhood is not as easy though it’s very fulfilling 
As mothers we learn from strength we didn’t know we had and from fears we never perceived they existed
The love in Motherhood burns from the heart and endeavours to bond and inspire our  surroundings




by Mary Mwithiga

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quaran-times

THE MYSTERIOUS GUY (part 1)

Dear younger me: LEOPARD IN THE SNOW.