Reflections: #You've Captured My Heart

 

Its Saturday morning
The sun is up and as I sit in our living room
I can feel the sun rays on my face
I look at you and I think to myself how fast time flies
It looks like just yesterday when we came with you from the hospital
It's now six months and you can sit 
You have four teeth protruding from your gums
Your smile is adorable

In my mind, I think of the sounds and silence of a mother's love
It contains a lot of richness and it's from the heart, the family is God's idea and part of His loving plan for humanity to nurture each other to inspire and encourage one another
Babies have a way of making us embrace life rather than shrink away from what life has to offer

Today is your Christening, You playfully feed, bathe and we dress you
You look as Angelic as your smile
We head to Church 
We are early for mass, we wait for a few more minutes and Mass starts
We are joined by your lovely godmother and I thank God for her
I see her carrying the candles,
I realise I forgot the ones I had on the dining table
I remember she brought you a Bible and prayer books for you and your siblings
She's the kind of person who will encourage, hug and hold your hand when you're going through a tough patch
She's a blessing to be your godmother

The Mass finally starts
The Priest anoints and blesses you
He prays over parents and godmothers
The Mass is over and we go home for lunch

We get home and see wonderful smiling faces
Family and friends who have come to Grace your occasion today
You are blessed little angel
Everyone wants to hold you
And on each lap that you sit on, you look up with dreamy eyes to the lovely face and smile

As you yawn and fidget looking hungry
You are brought to me to feed you
As I feed you I look at you and I think to myself 
Motherhood is a gift, a promise to be stewards in our children's lives
A covenant to be accountable of what they become in life

We thank God for children with merry eyes and trusting smiles
And giggles that never stop
Motherhood is indeed the best and the most fulfilling job whereby the salary is pure joy


by Mary Mwithiga


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quaran-times

THE MYSTERIOUS GUY (part 1)

Dear younger me: LEOPARD IN THE SNOW.